Sunday, October 16, 2011

Guess What?

I'm engaged! My wonderful Wade proposed to me yesterday on his birthday--  it still doesn't feel real, but we're beyond excited.

 
Want to know the story? Okay. :)
Well, Wade's original plan was to take me (and one of our best friends and his sister) downtown to a lake and propose to me there while they took pictures of it. Turns out there was a humongous car show downtown with massive swarms of people all around the lake, so that option was out. Next he considered proposing on a bridge in a park, but it just didn't feel right, so he waited (as did I, because I was totally suspicious). Then he decided what he really wanted was to catch me off guard, because I'm sort of hard to surprise. He succeeded :) I had gone in to his bathroom to change my clothes for dinner, and when I came out I saw him in his room so I went to talk to him. We talked for a minute before he put his arms around me and I could feel his heart pounding through his shirt-- he gave me a kiss and sank to one knee and told me he originally wanted to ask in front of everyone but it didn't work out, and that he couldn't think of a better birthday present than knowing that he would get to spend the rest of his life with me.
"Will you be my wife?"












... I said yes, obviously. :)










Oh, the ring?:


:D

4 comments:

  1. :) i seriously teared up at the part about no better gift!! I assumed he'd say that bc seriously, it doesnt get any better than getting a fiance on your birthday!! SOOO SWEET!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brielle,
    This is so sweet. I love that it was so raw and just the two of you...congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy for you!!! marraige is beyond amazing. have fun planning your wedding and spending the rest of your lives together:)!!!!

    -Janie Fritchey

    ReplyDelete